What We Do
We are a modern development shop, here to build applications for your System i. We will walk you through the full software development lifecycle, from requirement gathering to development to post production support and everything in between.
System i Innovators offer a wide range of services including:
- Optimization and re-engineering of current code
- Training on modern programming techniques
- Legacy application development
- Integration and migrations
- Web based solutions
Let our System i enthusiasts enhance your current system or explore functionality beyond the green screen.
How We Do It
The System i is one of the most broadly capable systems on the market today. But so few take advantage of its full potential, often using Windows or Linux systems to develop applications with a modern look and feel, when their existing midrange system could handle the job more securely and cost effectively.
The System I's state-of-the-art ILE environment allows you to leverage many classes and scripts available in the public domain like JAVA.System I innovators have experience utilizing these languages and more on your System i workhorse.
Your System I can run an apache web server to receive SOAP requests.
RPG -> J-Integra->SDO->Exchange Server
Creation of flat files, csv
Apache servers to retrieve web service calls
Use java standard mail classes to analyze mail, retrieve attachments, etc.
Utilize pdf tools to convert and combine pdf documents
Use native languages to access Amazon cloud APIs to manage file on the cloud
Data transfer from external databases into the DB2 database using java
We approach legacy development with modern programming techniques and take advantage of modules, procedures, and service programs. System I innovators focus on choosing the right tool for the job and are not tied to a single development technique or language. We're happy to follow your team's development practices or allow us to suggest a new approach.
- Experience with all version of RPG including ILE RPG, FREE RPG, embedded SQL RPG
- Utilizing IBM's C APIs to accomplish your business needs quickly
- Utilizing IBM's Rationale Developer for System i as our primary development IDE
- Rapidly produce web based applications running in native RPG
- Our experienced developers can quickly acclimate to your environment
Need to build a data bridge between your System i and a newly acquired system?
- Seamlessly integrate your System i with Windows and Unix server in your network
- Establish file system sharing between all of your systems using MFS/NFS/QNTC
- We've build everything from flat files to XML to full blown web services
- Migrate your existing DB2 data to a new enterprise application
- Use java to talk to an ldap server and perform directory lookups
- Take advantage of the native security feature on the System i to ensure your data transfers are safe